The T21 Action Plan 2020-2022 identifies four strategic priorities and a series of actions underneath each to rebuild and grow Tasmania's visitor economy, creating jobs for Tasmanians and benefits for regional communities.
Effective governance is essential to ensure:
- Each of the identified actions is delivered
- Key stakeholders continue to be engaged in the growth of the Tasmanian visitor economy
- Overall progress is measured and monitored
- Additional or evolved actions are identified to achieve T21's objectives and vision.
Premier's Visitor Economy Advisory Council
The Premier's Visitor Economy Advisory Council monitor overall progress on the key actions and agree on new, strategic actions required to achieve the government's and industry’s vision. The council will also engage with key stakeholders in the visitor economy to identify new opportunities for growth.
The Premier of Tasmania chairs the council.
Membership of the Council includes:
- Chair, Tourism Industry Council Tasmania
- Chair, Tourism Tasmania
- President, Tasmanian Hospitality Association
- CEO, Tourism Tasmania
- Secretary, Department of State Growth
- Chair, Tasmanian Heritage Council
- Chair, Brand Tasmania Authority.
The council meets regularly and issues public reports on progress against the T21 priorities. The two-year T21 Action Plan has been broken down into targeted and actionable six-month plans, with progress reports uploaded to this site periodically.
The T21 Steering Committee is responsible for overseeing and coordinating delivery and reporting on each of the actions in the T21 Action Plan by the relevant organisations. The committee meets regularly and, post COVID-19, continues to meet three-weekly and will report on progress to the Premier’s Visitor Economy Advisory Council.
The CEO of Tourism Tasmania chairs the T21 Steering Committee.
Membership of the committee includes:
- Secretary, Department of State Growth (deputy chair)
- CEO, Tourism Industry Council Tasmania
- CEO, Tasmanian Hospitality Association
- Secretary, Department of Natural Resources and Environment Tasmania
- Deputy Secretary, Tasmania Parks and Wildlife Service
- Deputy Secretary, Business and Jobs, Department of State Growth
- Director, Visitor Economy Strategy